Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Knitting Heroes (3KCBWDAY3)

When I first read the topic for today I wasn't sure who I would consider a knitting hero. I think I was put off by the word "hero."
But I've read a few other bloggers take on the topic, and realized I'm more comfortable writing about knitters who inspire me. And I'm continually inspired by other knitters.

First of all, I feel I should mention Eskimimi who started Knitting and Crochet Blog Week. I wouldn't be writing this if it wasn't for her! And I also have to mention PDXKnitterati, since her blog led me to Eskimimi. I've enjoyed reading PDXKnitterati's blog, and also like her patterns. I hadn't considered trying entrelac until I saw her lovely designs! Haven't gotten around to trying entrelac yet, but it's on the list now!

I have also been inspired by Feministy, who is the designer behind the recent cowl KAL that I participated in (and the topic of many previous blog posts). I think the first pattern I knit of hers was the Traveling Woman Shawl (I was going to show you a picture, but can't seem to get pictures off my phone right now.)

Another designer I recently discovered is Fickleknitter. I am currently knitting her Ballerina Shawl, which is well written and has challenged me to knit bobbles and a knit on edging for a lace shawl.

I also admire PNWBookGirl for organizing our local Knit in Public and Spin in Public Days. And also for trying so many different crafts - she has tried spinning, yarn dying, knitting and crochet. I originally met PNWBookGirl during a knitting class, and she managed to finish the market bag we were making, while mine is still sitting half done... and if I ever finish that bag it will because she keeps giving me a hard time about it ;)

I was also impressed by the random knitter I met on the MAX last month who said she knits a pair of socks in 2 weeks! (The fastest I've knit a pair of socks so far has been 6 weeks.)

I feel thankful to live in such a crafty place, where I can continually be inspired by knitters, designers, dyers, and spinners. Who are your knitting heroes?

And don't forget to search for 3KCBWDAY3 if you want to read more blogs about knitting heroes.

2 comments:

  1. I get to be a hero? Awwwwww, thanks! So glad you like the blog, and the designs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Michele! I appreciate that you take the time to respond to comments on your blog - bloggig is more fun when it's interactive :)

    ReplyDelete