Sunday, August 23, 2009

Scrapbooking and Gifting

I haven't done as much knitting or spinning this week, but got inspired to do some more scrapbooking. It's more of a journal than a photo album, but it's been fun to put together pages and figure out what information I want to include. It's interesting how my crafting goes in cycles... Last weekend I got a couple of quick knitted projects done, and before that was mostly spinning... Still catching up on taking pictures though!

Also starting to think ahead to what kind of projects I want to make for holiday gifts. The holidays always seem to come faster than I can knit ;) and I don't think many of my family members would like to receive a skein of yarn. Maybe I should work on teaching everyone to knit instead of trying to knit them all socks... there's an idea....

Next I'm hoping to channel my creativity into cooking. It's been too hot to do much baking this summer, and I'm starting to look ahead to what I want to make for fall. Also looking ahead to a crazy 45 hour work week when internship starts, so need to come up with better ideas for what to make for lunch and dinner. Especially for days when I won't get home until after 9pm! I think I'm also trying to cram in as many craft projects during summer break as possible ;) At least I can knit on the train, but not so sure about spinning on the train yet. And scrapbooking is pretty much out unless I'm at home.

1 comment:

  1. Crockpots can be your friend when working all day. Check out the food network for some recipe ideas. Can't go too wrong with any of the suggestions from the experts. Another idea is to do the week's food prep the weekend before and pull things out to be heated as needed.

    Also remember KISS - keep it simple silly. ;-)

    ReplyDelete