Friday, August 28, 2009

Last Thursday

So last night Big Alice and I went to Last Thursday on Alberta Street. I had heard people talk about Last Thursday before, but didn't realize how big of an event it is! I'm not really sure how to describe it... it's a combination craft fair and swap meet, so people are selling all kinds of things. The art galleries in the area also stay open late. There are people everywhere, including street performers. We must have walked over 10 blocks, and we didn't even see everything!

Also went to Cork since my friend Shelly has paintings on display there. We got to try three wines for $5 which was fun. Cork also has a decent selection of wheat beer, so I got a Japanese hefeweizen to try. Which means tonight is pizza and beer night :)

2 comments:

  1. MMMMMM pizza & beer. yum!
    I hope the wheat beer was tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite yummy, and went well with barbecue chicken pizza. I think we need to experiment more with pairing our drinks with food :)

    ReplyDelete