Sunday, August 16, 2009

Inspiration

I'm feeling more inspired to keep up with blogging. I've been reading Larissa and Martin John Brown's Knitalong: Celebrating the Tradition of Knitting Together which has some stories about blogging and knitalongs. There are also a few patterns that I would like to try :) I got to meet Larissa at Sock Summit and at an event at Powell's last week which was cool.

I've also been inspired reading friends' blogs (and I need to update my blog roll if anyone wants to check out their blogs). And I've had a few people link to me, so I feel like I should write something in case anyone wanders over here...

Now that I have a whole month of summer vacation I also have more time for blogging and crafts. Finally finished knitting a pair of socks out of sock-weight yarn and am working on a few birthday presents. And starting to think about holiday knitting since I tend to get carried away with projects for my family... And having fun spinning (I've tried BFL, milk protein, merino, and merino/bamboo blend) and plying different colors together for new effects... Guess I should take a break from making stuff and actually take some pictures ;) Maybe later...

2 comments:

  1. We have spinning Wednesdays during the day at the Aloha grange. You can bring your drop spindle along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please come to spinning, it will be fun! PS Thanks for including me in your blog roll, I feel honored!

    ReplyDelete