Sunday, April 19, 2009

Socks...

This afternoon was my first sock knitting class at the Knitting Bee. There were seven of us in the class, and it seemed like the right size. Any more people and I think it would get hard to keep up. Today we just focused on getting used to the Magic Loop method, which I am liking so far :)
I will say that knitting with double points makes me feel smart, but it does make it harder to try on projects. So with the magic loop it seems easier to try things on, and there's no risk of losing a needle (unless you just lose the whole project!)
So far my only concern is that I knit really loosely, which means I have to keep going down needles sizes. So my size 4 needles were too big for worsted weight yarn. Since I wanted to practice the magic loop technique some more, I tried casting on some sock yarn onto size 0 needles. Also looking too loose... and not sure I want to end up knitting on 000 needles or something. Any suggestions on knitting tighter? Or should I just knit thicker socks? ;)
Next week we get to learn how to turn a heel, so should be more exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment