Thursday, January 24, 2013

Catching Up

I started this post a couple of days ago but hadn't gotten around to finishing it. So, catching up on the blog and on projects.

After spending more time on papercrafting, I started feeling like doing some more knitting. I started by finishing up a pair of socks that I had started back in October. I had finished the first sock pretty quickly, and started the second right away, but then got distracted with holiday knitting. I've also noticed my least favorite part of sock knitting is picking up stitches along the foot. I've only knit socks cuff down so far, with a short row heel, so might be time to experiment with some other constructions. Any way to avoid picking up stitches?

Not the best picture, but it's hard to take pictures of socks when you're wearing them!



In addition to finishing up WIPs, I've been knitting from the yarn stash. I started knitting a few wash cloths out of some organic cotton yarn I've had for awhile.  Also pulled out the patterns from last year's Rose City Yarn Crawl and some stash yarn to work on a couple of those projects. There's a KAL on Ravelry to get ready for the next yarn crawl, so seemed like a good time to knit with some of the yarn I bought last year!


And in case you were wondering, I finally decided to sign up for the papercrafting class, instead of the knitting class I was considering. The class ended up getting postponed because the teacher was sick, so turns out I could have taken the knitting class after all!  I thought about calling the yarn store to see if I could still attend the knitting class, but it would have been pretty last minute. Instead I made some progress on cleaning out my closet. Not as exciting, but it did need to be done!

What projects have you been working on lately?


2 comments:

  1. So sorry the class was postponed! Probably that nasty bug that's been going around.

    I think I've done more top down than bottom up socks. It's been awhile since I've done a pair of socks, but picking up the gusset stitches had a trick so that there weren't unsightly holes. It may be why you don't like picking them up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tami! I'll have to go to knit night sometime and get some more ideas for knitting socks. Too bad we have to wait until next year for the next Sock Summit!

      Delete