Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yarn and Tea

Today was supposed to be the Seattle to Portland yarn train. Unfortunately for the Seattle knitters, it was cancelled due to the bad weather earlier in the week and Amtrak delays/cancellations. But, the participating stores went ahead with their specials for anyone who could make it to town.

Since the only train I had to take was the MAX, and I can't resist a sale, I headed to the Pearl for some yarn shopping :) First stop was Knit Purl to check out the Shibui Mix patterns - planning to make Mix 3 (a shawl made from a silk/mohair yarn and silk/merino yarn). Also got some Shibui worsted on sale, but sad to find out this yarn is being discontinued.

Next I wondered over to Urban Fiber Arts to check out the trunk shows going on. Lots of lovely colors, but I finally chose a lovely skein of Abstract Fiber Mighty Sock (along with a shawl pattern) and a super soft skein of Caress Royal Alpaca to make a pair of arm warmers.

Then stopped at the Tea Zone for a Red Velvet Bubble Tea - seasonal flavor (I'm assuming for Valentine's Day), so I had to try it. Surprisingly tasty!

Enjoyed my tea while walking to Dublin Bay. After much contemplation, finally settled on a skein of solstice luna merino and a skein of sweet georgia sock yarn I had been admiring for awhile (the color is snapdragon, which is also my favorite flower). Thinking arm warmers or a cowl for the merino (I think it's a dk weight) and not sure if I want to make socks or a shawl out of the snapdragon...

From there I took the streetcar up to NW 23rd for some iced tea from Tea Chai Te and a "wildflower" sandwich from PBJ's. Also stopped by Let it Bead - got some ideas for beading projects, but wasn't ready to buy anything. Need to look through the bead stash again...

Enjoyed the retail therapy after a long week at work! And love living in such a crafty town :) Time to start working on all of these projects now!

Do you have any favorite yarns or teas?

No comments:

Post a Comment