Sunday, January 29, 2012

Goals check-in

I can't believe January is almost over! I'm starting to get used to writing 2012 now, and getting in the habit of keeping the blog updated! So, feeling good about keeping up with my once a week blog goal, and thought it would be good to take a moment to reflect on where I'm at with my other goals for the year.

I'm currently working on a cabling project, and could have used this as an opportunity to try cabling without a cable needle, but it was so natural to keep using the needle! Some habits are hard to break... but before I started beating myself up for not trying a new technique, I realized that this project is entirely from stash! Pattern, yarn, needles, stitch markers, and even the cable needle. So, one goal at a time, right?

Also "finished" one WIP. OK, all I had to do was weave in the ends, but it took me over a year to do that!

And contemplating joining a knit-a-long on ravelry for the February Lady Sweater. Still nervous about making a sweater that will fit, but seems like a KAL would be a good way to have some support and encouragement... Also tempted by Decouverte, since I wouldn't have to knit sleeves!

What was your first sweater? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to do sleeves for the FLS if you don't want to do them. You kind of get cap sleeves from doing the garter top portion. Stop there if you want and bind off the stitches or go ahead and put them on stitch holders and decide when you get done with the body.

    It was my first real sweater for myself. I did 3/4 sleeves partially because I was just so freakin bored with doing the stitch pattern by that point that I wanted it DONE! I have a ball of yarn still and might pick out the bind off and add some length to it. Still also need to put on the pretty clasps I bought for it last year. Then I'd actually wear it? ;-) It might also need to run into some dye, I'm not really fond of the pink.

    Cabling without a cable needle unless its only a stitch or two, really isn't something I want to try. If its just a C2F or C2B, then I use a left or right twist for the same effect. ;-)

    ReplyDelete