Sunday, February 19, 2012

Creative Endeavors

Last Saturday I decided to take a break from my knitting to check out a new creative club at a local papercrafting store. I've done some scrapbooking and rubber stamping off and on since before I learned how to knit. Though there are many techniques that fall under the umbrella of "papercrafting," and I don't think I would call myself competent at any of them!

There were 13 women who showed up for the group at Paper Parachute. The beginning was introductions and getting a sense of what everyone is hoping for from the club. Then we got our first club kit - lovely paper, a stamp set, a few crystals and ribbon. Our challenge is to create a card using at least one piece of the paper and the large stamp. We can use anything else we want, and next month everyone will share what they made.

Here's the paper and stamps from the first club kit:




It was fun to try out some new techniques and get some ideas. And I find papercrafting more free form than knitting - we weren't given a pattern to follow, so there are many more possibilities. Right now this seems good and bad - with too many choices it can be difficult to figure out where to start!

I probably won't be able to attend the club meetings every month, but it seems fun so far. I'm enjoying doing different types of creative projects this month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment