Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brigid's Inspiration

So far this month I have been spending more time on crafts. February 2nd was Brigid's Day (also known as Imbolc) and I attended two different rituals with different friends for the holiday. Brigid is a Goddess of creativity and inspiration, and both celebrations involved crafting. It was fun to try different craft projects. It was also nice to work in a group and see what everyone else was making.

I also found myself more inspired to write during this time. I used to write poems all the time, but haven't been writing as much recently. Brigid is a Goddess of poetry, and I thank her for this extra burst of creativity :)

Then February 7th was the Quickening Moon (also called the Snow Moon in many traditions). Crafting again played a part in the celebration, this time in the form of collage. I hadn't gotten out the papercrafting supplied in a while, and there's just something fun about using scissors and glue sticks...

I also finished the cabled bag for my friend:
Nicole's Cabled Bag

Now I'm continuing to focus on the Great Cowl KAL - finished cowl #1 and am about halfway through cowl #2. But more on that next time!

What creative projects have you been working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment