Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I have been trying to use up some stash yarn for swaps and for the Great Cowl KAL. But the more I went through the stash, the more it looked like the craft room had exploded. Today I managed to get most of the stash contained. Still not organized very well, but feels good to have things in boxes/bins, and not just strewn across the floor!

I've also been putting loose patterns in a 3 ring binder. Eventually I'd like to add dividers to make it easier to find certain types of patterns, but one step at a time!

Going through the yarn stash also meant going through some unfinished objects. Since the Great Cowl KAL is over (more on that next time), I decided to start by finishing a cowl from a KAL last fall. Just need to pick up stitches for the button band. Now that I've done button holes a couple times I'm feeling confident that this won't take too long to finish. I even have the buttons already!
Also have a shawl to finish, and then contemplating another shawl for a new KAL.

Still more spring cleaning to do in the rest of the house, but right now I'm ready for some more knitting!

1 comment:

  1. I have a huge binder that has become full. It too needs dividers so that it easier to find things. Most of the stuff though are things I've already knit. I have a stack of patterns for what I plan to knit in the near future.

    I also found that putting different weights of yarns into different bins helped for when I wanted to use a yarn. Doesn't help though that I have 2 HUGE bins of worsted weight yarn. I think if I could get more plastic sleeves, I could list what was in each bin and tape it to the top. Haven't gotten THAT organized yet! ;-)

    Great plan to get some WIPs taken care of! How's that market bag coming along? ;-)

    ReplyDelete