Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hypnosis and Knitting

I volunteered to take place in a study about knitting and hypnosis. Today was the start date, and I knitted for 15 minutes while listening to the hypnosis MP3. I was surprised how easy it was to focus on the MP3 and the knitting became more automatic. There are several patterns to choose from, which are easy to memorize. I'm making the Yarn Harlot's One Row Handspun scarf using Spincycle yarn that I bought at the Knitting & Crochet show last fall. Glad to have found a pattern that works so well with this yarn!

I think the next 21 days of the study should be interesting... I haven't tried hypnosis before, so trying to be as open-minded as possible! and now I have an excuse to knit for at least 15 minutes a day ;)

2 comments:

  1. Cool! How did you get hooked up with that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend who is a hypnotherapist e-mailed me the link. I think the study is full now, but there is a ravelry group for people participating. And there's a rumor that she may do a future study for spinners...

    ReplyDelete